With some leftover cherries from jam making Elle and I made some cherry wheat beer. We brewed it on Sunday. Yesterday we added the cherries after racking out of the primary and oh my gosh, we did not think through what an introduction of very sweet cherries would do to the fermentation! It went bonkers and exploded sometime during the night, sending a jet of cherries, foam, pits, and beer 4 feet up the walls of the closet. Next time the cherries should be added to an open fermenter and then after the fermentation has subsided rack to a carboy.
But all is not lost. I poured the two smaller carboys into a big one and everything should be alright.